Have you ever been in a car accident? Would you know what to do after an accident and the steps to take? In 2009, 10,800,000 accidents occurred in the US alone. In fact, National Highway Traffic Administration completed a study detailing that every minute of the day, a car accident occurs somewhere in the world. This comes to a total of a little over 1,440 auto wrecks a day. If you happened to be one of those in an accident would you know what to do? Suski Chevrolet and Buick in Birch Run, MI wants to make sure you are prepared with steps to take. This way if you should ever be in an accident you will know exactly what to do and stay as covered as possible.
- Step 1) Check for injuries on yourself and others and call 911.
- Step 2) Exchange contact information (names, addresses, phone numbers, vehicle, license number and plate)
- Step 3) Try to draw to recreate the scene while it is still fresh in your head. Take pictures of the cars, damage, license plates to help later with your claim.
- Step 4) When the police officer arrives, complete a report and don’t forget to ask the officer for a report number.
- Step 5) Contact your insurance company as soon as possible to let them know about the accident and if any damage occurred.
After a car accident it can become very difficult to stay focused and remember what to do. By keeping these steps in your car and with you at all times, you can make sure you are prepared with the important steps to take by not forgetting any. If damage should occur, Suski Chevrolet and Buick near Clio and Saginaw, MI has a full service and maintenance repair shop to help fix any damages on any make. Suski Chevrolet and Buick works on any popular model they sell at the dealership, including Chevy, Buick, Ford, Honda, Lexus, Toyota and more. To schedule a service appointment, fill out a request online or call (866)308-8665 for more help.