Chevrolet recently announced its Camaro ZL1 1LE Extreme Track Performance Package for the 2018 Camaro, calling it the “most extreme track-focused Camaro to date.” The 1LE package paired with the range-topping ZL1 trim costs an extra $7,500, bringing the MSRP of the 2018 Camaro ZL1 up to $69,995, including the destination freight charge. But with performance details like the ones that this package adds, it’ll be worth every penny.
What all does the new Camaro ZL1 1LE bring to the table? Here’s just a sneak peek:
- An adjustable suspension from Multimatic Dynamic Suspension Spool Valve® damper
- Downforce-producing aero from features like dive planes, a carbon fiber rear wing, and air deflectors
- A supercharged LT4 engine producing 650 horsepower
- Lightweight forged aluminum wheels that are wider yet smaller in diameter than regular ZL1 wheel
- An overall lighter weight–by a whopping 60 pounds
“In the long, storied history of Camaro performance, there’s never been another model that matches the capability of the ZL1 1LE,” remarked Steve Majoros, Chevrolet cars and crossovers marketing director. “With the addition of the new 650-horsepower ZL1 1LE, the Camaro lineup is more diverse and exciting than ever, offering customers the ability to select and personalize their ultimate performance car.”
Want to get behind the wheel of the all-new 2018 Camaro, ZL1 1LE or otherwise? Be sure to check in with us at Suski Automotive this summer, when 2018 Camaros start rolling onto the lot.