Taking big vacations across the country can be fun, but sometimes it’s a lot less stressful and a lot easier on your wallet to just spend the weekend in the nearest big city or state park instead of planning a full week-long excursion to an east coast beach. Check out our recommendations for Michigan weekend trips to get away from it all right here in our home state.
- Saginaw Bay: Under a half hour away, this lake beach sits right on the coast of Lake Huron. There are tons of things to do in the broad bay region, but we recommend checking out Bay City.
- Shiawassee National Wildlife Refuge: Located right in Saginaw County, the Shiawassee wildlife refuge offers untouched wilderness and camping opportunities.
- Frankenmuth: Experience a little bit of Germany right here in Michigan with attractions like a German-style downtown area and the Bavarian Inn restaurant.
- Sleepy Hollow State Park: This one’s a bit of a drive, but if you want to get further away from home than Shiawassee, check out Sleepy Hollow’s 2,678 acres of pristine natural beauty
- Ann Arbor: Like Sleepy Hollow, this is a bit further away, but worth it. Ann Arbor is known for its vibrant artistic and cultural atmosphere.
Michigan weekend trips make traveling easy without compromising any fun or interesting adventures. There’s a lot to do right here!