- Pioneer Wine Trail. In the Irish Hills region between Lansing and Ann Arbor, you’ll find one of Michigan’s newest wine trails. There are seven wineries located in this area with tasting rooms along quaint main streets. Visit Jackson, Chelsea, Tecumseh, and more.
- Soak up the sun. Visit Lexington, located 83 miles northeast of Detroit, to see the sparkling Lake Huron, do some sailing, and relax on the beach. The small town has a decidedly laid-back atmosphere.
- Cool Jazz. For jazz lovers, Monroe offers biweekly free jazz concerts. In addition to the thriving music scene, visitors will enjoy a nice river walk, delicious food, and more.
- Midland. Tour the beautiful Dow Gardens, take in the unique architecture in downtown Midland, take a walk along the Tittawabsee River, and visit the Chippewa Nature Center.
- Houghton Lake. As the largest inland lake in the state, visitors will never run out of things to do near Houghton Lake. Enjoy the beach, visit local shops, spend some time bird-watching, catch a live show, and so much more.
What is your favorite destination for a weekend getaway in Michigan?